Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Simple Pleasures of Life

I love the simple pleasures of life! Things easy, minimal details, quick fill-ins, that my family loves!

One perk of being a teacher, is that I get to plan fun activities at school for my kiddos there, and then come home and do the same cool activities with my own little kiddos. Last week, my little boys got to enjoy making homemade bird feeders (courtesy of my migration unit) to put outside on our tree. - My kind of craft (pinecones, peanut butter, bird seed and string). Easy, simple, fun!
Clayton thought this was "really neat", while Hudson spent more time tasting the peanut butter.







~ ~ ~

Aunt Shannie tries to spend one night a week with us (we're the fun house)! Clayton voted for Family Game Night and won! Our night included Candyland, Toy Story 3 Operation and Boxers and Briefs (an adult game that we filter for a 6-year old, who is still learning to read). I know - terrible! I have to say, these weekend Family Movie and Game Nights are getting to be some of my favorite family times.









~ ~ ~

Last month, our family starting going to Family Worship at our church (a church I've been a member of all my life). I have to admit - I've fallen in love! We haul all 3 boys to church, sit in the 2nd row, and worship together. And, best of all, no complaining from Clayton that the "service is boring!" Kid-friendly songs, a mission lesson, Bible story, and even a kid-friendly follow-along sheet sum up the night. Clayton has been asking about the next Family Worship Night for weeks now. And.....guess what???? Family Worship is tomorrow night - and we'll be there!

I love the simple pleasures!

3 comments:

  1. How sweet!! I love your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you guys still going to Living Hope?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Nicole - Living Hope's the only church I've ever been to! And.....we still love it!

    ReplyDelete