Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday's Fab 5 - Top Mommy Magazines

Clayton's school has been selling magazines for the past two weeks - so this got me inspired to write down a few of my all-time favorite magazines! I love receiving magazines in the mail! Often I only get to skim them - choosing my most favorite crafts, party ideas, parenting tips, etc. Here are my top 4 "must-have" Mommy magazines.



1) Family Fun - My friend convinced me to begin subscribing to Family Fun a few years ago when Big C was little. Since then, I have skimmed over 100 issues. I get tons of family crafts (holiday ideas and treats), party ideas (tasty snacks and fun games), and parenting tips (do's and dont's). I absolutely love getting this magazine in the mail each month!



2) Parents - This is an awesome magazines for expecting parents, new parents, or more experienced parents. This magazine is your answer to any question: "When do I start baby food?" "How do I get my child to sleep more consistently?" It also provides nutrition information, pregnancy tips, post-baby information, - just whatever! It's a great resource with tons of information. This magazine also provides fun crafts, party ideas, and family-related activities.



3) Parent&Child - Another great parenting magazine. Somehow, I began receiving this magazine at school for FREE a few years ago and I absolutely love it! This is a great magazine to discuss a child's learning and development. This magazine provides varieties of resources, activities, and games to help enhance your child's vocabulary and skill development. I look forward to checking my mailbox each month to get this great magazine!



4) Parenting (School Years) - As I mentioned before - Big C has been selling magazines for school. This is a new magazine that I have chosen to take a peek at. Clayton will be starting 1st grade next year and heading into public school, so I thought I might need some insight into the whole "school" world. Yes! - I am a Kindergarten teacher, but this whole "parent" thing is entirely different. This magazine is supposed to focus on the challenges that Moms face with school-age children. I can't wait!



5) The Jesus Storybook Bible - I thought I would stay with the theme and share one of my favorite books to read to my two big kiddos each night. My sister introduced me to the Jesus Storybook Bible, and I haven't put it down since. Big C and Little H love reading Bible stories from this Book! It tells each Bible story, with incredible illustrations, and is able to tie each story back to the coming and life of Jesus. It is simply amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment