Thursday, February 10, 2011

Friday's Top 5 Mommy Splurges

My husband gently reminds me (all the time) about saving money. I know, save more, spend less. But what fun is that???? No really, I do try to be somewhat money conscious, but there are 4 Mommy Splurges that I just can't resist!

1) Great family pictures - I love having family pictures made! About every six months, I feel that it's a necessity to have new family pictures. After all, the boys are so young, and they change so much - it's absolutely non-negotiable! My favorite photographer is Gabrielle Bush - we love her!!!! She's been taking our family photos since Clayton was 18 months old! She's a perfect blend of great family shots and non-staged photos!



2) Adorable clothes - I do love cute clothes for boys! Though, as I mentioned before, that cute boy clothes are soooooo hard to find! I do use two magazines where I purchase the occasional matching outfits for the boys (Chez Ami and Kelly's Kids). I don't do this often, but for family pictures or holidays, this is pretty mandatory. It's pricey and Will usually complains, but they are so worth it!



Don't get me wrong, I love Target and Gymboree, but some things you just have to splurge for!

3) A GREAT camera! - With three little kiddos, I try to capture many of their adorable moments. I constantly leave the camera in the living room, so I can grab it at a moment's notice. After we had Hudson a couple of years ago, I convinced my husband that I needed this camera (for Father's Day!) - it's was the next upcoming holiday (= and we purchased it! I currently have a Nikon D40 and absolutely love it! This camera has been to the zoo, beach, parks, family get-togethers, play dates, births of babies, everywhere!!!



4) An awesome stroller! When we just had Clayton and Hudson, a single stroller was perfect! Hudson sat in the stroller, Big C was 3 1/2 and he walked beside the stroller, holding on to the handle or one of us. Throw Baby G into the mix, and we needed an upgrade. I researched strollers for two kiddos that would suit our family. I talked with a couple of friends, and found the perfect stroller for our family.


This stroller is a sit-and stand stroller that perfectly holds Little H and Baby G. Huds can stand and hold on to the side bars or sit on the seat in the back and go for a ride. Baby G sits in the front and is perfectly content. We love it!

5) Baby Must-Have of the Week - the Jumperoo!
While we were on splurges, this is probably the most expensive baby toy that we have. However, we were given our Jumperoo when we were pregnant with Big C and it has lasted through the many hours of jumping from Clayton, Huds, and now Graydon! So, it's been more of an investment! At about 4 months, we drag out the Jumperoo and our boys jump for many hours until they become mobile and then are uninterested! This toy has been a life-saver!



Gray jumping at about 4 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment