Thursday, February 17, 2011

Here's Something Chocolate!

My mom started making chocolate chip cheeseballs for showers and family parties several years ago. My sister and I absolutely love them! So naturally, any party or special occasion that I host, you bet there is a chocolate chip cheeseball somewhere in the spread!



To make this chocolate treat - you will need:
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese softened
1/2 cup butter softened (do not substitute with margarine)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
3/4 cup miniature mini-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 finely chopped pecans (optional)
graham crackers (I like the chocolate sticks)

What to do:
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, roll the cheeseball in pecans (optional). Serve with graham crackers.
Makes 1 cheeseball - about 2 cups.

Enjoy your chocolate treat!

2 comments:

  1. this recipe sounds awesome i will have to make it for the girls at work sometime you do great work and i love seeing that my cousin will has found a wonderful woman as you are and that you all have three wonderful sons i hope to one day meet all of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought about this thing in years. I loved eating them every time you made them!!! Delish.

    Thanks for sharing. I'm ready to make it!

    ReplyDelete