Saturday, February 12, 2011

Making Memories

What have we been up to???





Valentine's Day is becoming one of my favorite holidays (2nd to Christmas of course). Chocolates, goodies, crafts - you can't get much better!

For the past 3 years, Clayton has been assigned to make a "homemade Valentine box" for his class Valentine's Party. This year (since Clayton is playing Upward basketball), we felt that a basketball box was the perfect fit! For those of you who know me well, you know that I rarely come up with any ideas myself. I search Google images and Family Fun magazines until I find exactly what I want. Thanks to Google images and Daddy Will's crafty skills, Big C has the perfect Valentine's box.



Each year, between my Kindergarten kiddos and C's little class, we fill between 30-40 Valentine treat bags! We've established a system - lay out all of the bags, and start spreading the treats! But, my favorite Valentine tradition with Big C is making homemade Valentine cards. As you head into Walmart or Target, Batman, Sponge Bob, and Scooby-Doo cards fill the shelves. However, I have found, that is so much more fun to sit down and make these cards each year. We have made shovels (I Dig You), robots (U R Cool!, U R GR8) This year's cards were alligators (another idea from Google images). Big C loves them and I think they turned out pretty cute!



This year, I'm starting yet another tradition. Tomorrow, we will have our 1st Daniels' Family Valentine's Dinner! Big C has chosen this meal - steaks, sweet potatoes, macaroni & cheese, and salads. Sounded great to me! I even had a little help tonight making a Valentine's Day cake for dessert!





Happy Valentine's Celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment