Monday, February 28, 2011

Craisin Apple Salad



I have to give credit to my friend, Megan for this one. A few years ago, she introduced me to this awesome salad at our Christmas potluck - I fell in love! I started making it for family dinners and holiday meals, and my Mom has requested that I make it at every meal we've had since.

You will need:
1 pkg of Romaine hearts
1 pkg of spinach mix
2 or 3 Braeburn apples
1 16 oz. pkg of feta cheese crumbles
2 cups of crushed pecans
3/4 pkg. of craisins

For the dressing:
1/2 cup of oil
1/4 cup Honey Dijon or Honey Mustard
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar

What to do:
Toast pecans for approx. 10 minutes at 300 degrees in the oven.
Dice apples into small chunks
Mix Romaine hearts, spinach mix, Craisins, feta cheese, apples, and toasted pecans in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the dressing ingredients until well blended: oil, honey mustard, apple vinegar, and sugar.
Just before serving, add dressing and blend well together.

Enjoy!
This is a beautiful salad that I am sure your family will love!
Thanks again, Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment