Sunday, April 3, 2011

We Should Stay Home!

Yesterday was a wild and crazy day for Gray and me! My sister had convinced me to accompany her on a trip to Nashville to see (famous Mommy blogger and photographer) "MckMama". Shannie had a scheduled time for Ad's photo shoot with her and we HAD to be there.
This photo shoot was in Nashville, 20-minute photo time slot, 2 babies, Grandma, 2 stressed and frazzled Mommies, diaper bags, cameras, - this trip was destined for disaster!
As a child, we never really went to Nashville. I don't really drive on the interstate. I get lost in my own hometown (that I've lived in for 30 years!). So........here's a glance at our day!

Top Ten Craziest Moments of Our Day in Nashville - Why I Should Stay Home!

10) Beyond exhaustion, we were waiting at the elevator in Green Hills Mall. After about 5 minutes, I thought "what is taking this elevator so long?" - oh......., NO ONE pushed the button! As the guy behind us claps in applause!

9) Thank goodness for the invention of the GPS - which we had to use from home to the Mall to Centennial Park, back to Mall, and then back home again!

8) Parking hundreds of feet away from the Park and running (with babies, bags, and camera) through Centennial Park like crazy people! - who knew you could park anywhere!

7) Being seated at the Cheesecake Factory, eating, and paying our bill in just 10 minutes! - we were almost late for the shoot!

6) Going back to the Cheesecake Factory for the 2nd time in one day, just to get cheesecake.

5) Changing Gray and his poopie diaper in the middle of Centennial Park - bare butt and all - in a whirlwind (literally)!

4) Having Gray dressed in his adorable shortall, sitting in front of a beautiful display of lilies in Centennial Park, turn on the camera, try to focus, then it says "recharge battery pack"! - are you kidding????

3) Before we even left home - I had to stop at Target to grab a couple of last minute things. Got to the register, swiped my bank card........bank card expired! Uh oh, I don't have a credit card or checkbook. Had to leave my bags there and Husband to the rescue, as he had to drive to Target to purchase my items for me!

2) Shopping through Green Hills Mall and managing to not buy much of anything! Two Pandora clasps (the lady said I "had" to have) and Speerys for Gray and $50 at the Cheesecake Factory were my only purchases!

1) Ok,..............so we made it home alive with two babies, two Mommies, and Grandma. I drove on the interstate, babies slept and were PERFECT, despite our craziness! Another road trip could be in our near future - we will see!



Gray did LOVE the "Baby Plate" at Cheesecake Factory (which he got to have twice yesterday). Bread and bananas - two of his favorite things!



Chubby feet in some adorable Speerys - I love it!

1 comment: