Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday's Fab 5 - Spring Break Musts

Now that Spring Break is nearing its end, I have taken a few minutes to reflect on our family's break. With Will working this week and a big Fall Break trip planned, we were not able to have a huge getaway - however, we did enjoy relaxing days at home, time together, loads of work and fun!

These are the Daniels' Family Top 5 Spring Break Musts......

1) Relax - I love slow, relaxing days at home with my boys. Many of the days this week, we never made it out of our pjs. We spent the days snacking, playing together, and enjoying each other.



2) Play - whether it's outside or inside. Many days and nights we have spent playing together. Nights like tonight, we enjoyed a delicious meal at Grandma and Poppy's, spent time outdoors on the swing set, and Mommy even mowed the yard! On cool, rainy days this week, we spent endless hours playing Legos and Superheroes.







3) Quick getaways - We did enjoy two small getaways this week. On Wednesday we traveled with Aunt Shannie and Adalyn to Horse Cave, Kentucky to visit the Dennison's Farm & Roadside Market. After a short market trip to grab a few essentials and peek at some interesting animals, we enjoyed a scrumptious meal! We ate at Mama Lou's BBQ (which I highly recommend). On Friday we traveled with Aunt Karen and Cameron to the Louisville Zoo. Kids and Mommies were exhausted after this trip - so, I guess that makes for a successful zoo adventure!

Horse Cave, Kentucky with Aunt Shannie and Adalyn (a.k.a. Ad or Adalyn Reesie-cup)




Louisville Zoo with Cousin Cameron (a.k.a. Cam or Cwam-win)











Aunt Karen and Hudson enjoying the elephants - H: "I want to ride that elephant!"

4) A little sun! - Since I was NOT able to head to the beach this break, I was still determined to catch a few rays. I decided to get a "spray tan" from Sun Tan City! I may not have had an exotic vacation, but it sure looks like I did!



5) A little work - On Tuesday I decided to see all of my First Steps kiddos. I worked all day Tuesday and played the rest of the week! Big C was assigned an at-home project (I love these!). We were able to collect all supplies at Hobby Lobby and finish the assignment in one day! I have to say - it is pretty awesome!



So.......here's our Spring Break in a nutshell! Spending time together - in work and play!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've had a great spring break! I love reading about your little family!

    ReplyDelete