Monday, April 25, 2011

Rockstar: The Newest Member of our Family

Easter morning, the Easter Bunny left our little boys a special surprise - a bunny!



As many of you know, I am SO against pets! For one, I am allergic to everything - dogs, cats, and yes - probably this sweet bunny. However, in the past week my school classroom has been enjoying a class bunny - thanks to my student teacher and friend, Amanda. After a week with "Thumper", I was convinced that my boys needed a pet - a bunny!
How great would it be to have all 3 boys' Easter baskets displayed with a bunny surprise in front??? Sounded like a plan to me. Will was a little apprehensive about this "great plan" I had, but it didn't take too much for me to convince him that this would be a fabulous treat for the boys! "They would love it!"
Friday night - and "all-in-one" cage was bought - including cage, food, food dish, bedding, water bottle, and even a toy.
Saturday - Amanda dropped off our little bunny, he was hidden in our bedroom - we were set! Saturday night after the boys went to bed, assembly of baskets and bunny began!

Sunday morning - Mommy introduces our sweet bunny to the big boys! Clayton names him "Rockstar" - I don't know why!?!



The boys are a little timid at first, but soon warm up.



Our first moments with Rockstar!









Note: H is yelling "Come here, Rockstar!" in the background.

What a sweet addition!



I have even assigned the boys small jobs in helping with this new pet. Little H helps Daddy pour bunny food into his dish and Big C refills his water bottle.



I do wonder if this sweet rabbit will last 12 years in our family (typical bunny life expectancy)????

No comments:

Post a Comment