Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's Tough Being 2! - through the eyes of Hudson

Hudson is our fun-loving, mischievous, sneaky, 2.5-year-old. He brings us so much laughter and excitement! "I wanna be Spiderman!" "I caaaaaay-nt (can't)" "Is Gray sleeping?" "Is Gray awake?" "What's that noise?"

However, he has zero interest in potty training. Zero! He will proudly announce, "I'm poopy!" "I poop in my diaper." "I poop in my pants." "I poop in the floor (more on that in a minute)" You name it.....Hudson says it! I have tried everything - bribing, praising, scolding, shaming, use of Big C and Daddy as examples, going naked, wearing big boy Elmo underwear, setting a timer,.......the list goes on.

Last week during our tons of snow days....I had decided to let Hudson go around the house naked to see if this tactic would work. He did great for 2 days, then on the third day.........

Clayton: Mom, there's some poop on the floor!
Me: What? What do you mean?
Clayton: Hudson has pooped in the floor.
Me: Oh my gosh! Like how much?
Clayton: Ummmmmm. One big piece and lots of little pieces.
Me: Oh my gosh!!! (and I go running upstairs)

Poop is everywhere! I'm talking a huge pile of cow poop and droppings coming across the floor and down the stairs! And there he was, covered in poop from his butt to his feet! Well, needless to say, we're back in Pull-ups!

~ ~ ~

Hudson also hates church! I mean hates! My parents even had to start teaching his Sunday School class, just so he would stay in the room. He just hates being left. Getting ready for church on Sundays sounds a big like this.

Me: Hudson do you want to go to your big boy class at church?
Hudson: No! I go to the service!
Me: No, Hudson. Mommy and Daddy go to their class, Clayton goes to his class, and you have to go to your class.
Hudson: No, I go to the service with Poppy and Grandma. (and that he does)

Until the last two weeks, when he was promoted into a different classroom. He is able to complete a craft, hear a story, and have a snack! His teachers say he's doing great! So far, so good.


Hudson. We love him, but it's rough being 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment