Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday's Fab 5!

I am trying something new - each week I am going to post 5 fabulous things. I am going to include 4 of my favorite things and 1 fabulous baby trinket or toy. Here to my first list of Friday's Fab 5!



1) My Bible! I made a New Year's commitment (better than a resolution) that I would be in the Word every day. So far, so good! As our children's minister at church (not so gently, reminded moms) - "How can you teach your children something you know nothing about?" Good point and taken to heart. I do want to teach my children in the ways of the Lord, and I am going to be more intentional in recording my prayers and studying my Bible. Plus.....this Bible is super cute and easy to tote around! I love it!



2) My IPhone! I know it's terrible, but I love this phone. I do have the white Otter Box, so the boys can play a few of the games on my phone and toss it around. With this fancy box, the boys can't damage the phone. I am addicted to Words with Friends (scrabble) and facebook. I am trying to also be more intentional about not having my phone glued to me. I am trying to spend more time with the boys, technology free! (another reminder from Cindy, our children's minister)



3) Slugs and Bugs CD - My boys love this CD. Two weeks ago, at Family Worship, the Slugs and Bugs song was introduced and Big C instantly fell in love! We now have this CD playing every time we get in the van. In February, Andrew Peterson (songwriter and artist) will be coming to our church in concert and our family can't wait!


4) Cupcake Caddy - For those of you who know me well, you know, that I love making cupcakes! I love making them for Big C's kindergarten class. It really doesn't matter what kind - mummies, monsters, Frankensteins, christmas trees, whatever. This great cupcake caddy allows me to make 24 perfect cupcakes, in an easy to carry tote for Big C. You bake, decorate, place in the caddy, fasten them in, and carry to school! Perfect!

One of my favorite baby trinkets:

5) The Winkel - I have to give my sister credit, she did tell me about this fabulous toy! One afternoon, shopping in town, I happened upon "the Winkel". Graydon loves it! It's made of plastic and makes a great chew/teething toy. Its bright colors are attractive and it's super cute!



That's it guys! Here's to 5 fabulous, fantastic things on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment