Saturday, November 26, 2011

A New Family Tradition! - Moveable Manger

Last weekend my family attended a special event at church focused on the tradition of Advent. I didn't grow up celebrating Advent and to be honest - I really don't know that much about it.
But, we 're going to learn this year. We are following an Advent calendar, purchased our candles, and created our own Moveable Manger.





We created our own manger characters (following patterns that we were given).





Will cut 2X4 blocks of wood for them to be placed on.













We will begin our new family Advent tradition tomorrow night. We will scatter the characters throughout the house, moving them closer to the manger each night, anticipating the Baby Jesus! I think the boys will love it!

And I am so excited to begin this new tradition as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment