Monday, November 14, 2011

The Daniels' Christmas Ornament Preview

Each year since I was a child, my Dad has purchased me a Hallmark Christmas ornament. Dad started this tradition when he and Mom married and continued it with my sister and me.
..........many years later........
When Will and I started dating, we began buying Hallmark ornaments for each other to begin building our own Christmas traditions. Our first Christmas together, my parents wrapped up and gave me all of the ornaments from my childhood to fill our first tree. Will and I continued to buy Hallmark ornaments for each other until we had Clayton and we have continued this tradition each year. We now purchase one family ornament (mainly for me), one for Clayton, one for Hudson and one for Graydon.
Because we went on our first Disney family trip last month, I decided to veer from the Hallmark ornaments this year - for the first time in 30 years!
I searched the Disney Store online and found an ornament that best suited each child's memories of trip and myself (included!)

For Clayton - I chose a Phineas and Ferb ornament! - He loves this show and he loved meeting these characters at Hollywood Studios. We spend many afternoons and weekends watching On Demand episodes of these mischievous, but super-smart brothers.



For Hudson - I chose a Buzz and Woody ornament! - Hudson's favorite ride in Magic Kingdom was the Buzz Spin Ride (or at least that's what we called it!) Our family rode this ride many times - and loved every minute of it! We also stood in line for almost an hour at Hollywood Studios to meet these movie characters, so they are worthy of an ornament to remember them by.



For Graydon - I chose a Simba and Nala ornament. Graydon stared in amazement during the show Festival of the Lion King. He seemed to love the characters, music and dancing. I chose something that fit "just him" and was completely adorable.



And for me.........I chose a red set of Mickey Mouse ears displaying something memorable from each of the parks. Something simple, yet a reminder of our first family Disney trip together.


I think it was totally worth a break-in-tradition this year....
but next year, probably back to Hallmark!

1 comment:

  1. HA! Ad loves phiness & ferb!! We dont really "watch" it but when it comes on, she stares at the tv :)

    ReplyDelete