Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Weekend of the "Unknown"

My life is now quiet - too quiet.
I have spent the past three days with my parents moving my sister and her sweet girl, Adalyn, back to Virginia. My brother-in-law will be returning home (after a 6-month) deployment shortly and they are now there, waiting upon his return. Over the past 6 months, Shannon and Adalyn have become members of our little family - family shopping trips, family dinners, play time with my boys - and now, it just may not be the same.
My parents and I spent our weekend driving 26 hours total (13 each way) moving clothing boxes, baby toys, baby gear and two precious members of our family into a temporary base housing. We spent two days eating, shopping, and yes - some tears were shed.



For now - this is our reality - good byes and reunions and then the cycle continues. I'm hoping the see their sweet family (Uncle Mark included) on our upcoming beach vacation! - We shall see.

On the other hand, while I've been in Virginia with my parents and sister - my husband and boys headed north - way north - Michigan! Will & the boys, with Uncle James and Cousin Cameron in tow, headed to Michigan to celebrate Grandma Maria's birthday bash! It has been 4 days since I've seen my sweet boys and I feel totally lost! I don't hear "that's my toy!" "Mom!" "Can I have chocolate milk?" "Can I have a drink of coke?" And I sooooo miss it! My boys have spent days running, playing, attending a balloon festival, fishing, and visiting family that we don't get to visit often. Yes - my husband did drive 3 little boys 9+ hours in our family minivan (what a sight!) He is pretty awesome!

I have managed to beg my husband for a few phone pics of my sweet boys!





Our family reunion occurs later today! - and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment