Sunday, June 19, 2011

Celebrating Daddy

Today we take a moment to celebrate our Dads.
I was blessed with a Christian father who focused much of his attention on his family. He was my tee-ball coach and Bible Quiz coach - my biggest fan! I remember spending countless hours hanging out with him at work, attending WKU ballgames, and church events - I was his little sidekick. I hoped that I would someday find a man who cherished his family and children the way my Dad did.
More recently, I have watched another Daddy - my husband. Over the past six years, Will and I have been blessed with three little boys. During that time, I have been able to watch him grow into an amazing "Daddy".

Happy Father's Day to my husband and Daddy of my 3 boys who...

... serves his God, his church, and his family. God has given Will a servant's heart - even when I am resistant, his faith and determination is unmeasurable.



... reads Bible stories and prays nightly with his boys. I am encouraged and blessed to have a husband who teaches the truths of Jesus to our young boys.



... partners with me in raising our boys. Will is truly my parenting partner - there's nothing he won't do (nightly feeding, singing lullabies, changing poopy diapers, bath time with 3 rambunctious boys)



... is NOT afraid of housework. In our 9 years of marriage, I have never cleaned a shower or tub! TRUE! I am proud to say, I have a husband who helps with laundry, cleans bathrooms, helps with the dishes, and even attempts to cook a few meals (when I provide him with a recipe).



... manages his work schedule around our family! I do have a husband who puts our family first - he schedules working hours around many class field trips, classroom parties, and doctor visits.



... is proud to be the (many times) ONLY father at Big C's class parties. While I am having my own classroom Christmas & Halloween Parties and Thanksgiving Dinners - Will is Clayton's "party parent."



... is the Owens'/Daniels' Family Handy-Man. Whether it's changing Granny's air filters, fixing Grandma's kitchen sink, assembling entertainment centers, or moving furniture - "Handy Man Will" is to the rescue!



... manages after 9 years of marriage and 13 years together to still make me smile and feel like I am the center of his world!

Happy Father's Day Will!
We love you!

1 comment:

  1. AWWW THAT MADE TEARS COME TO MY EYES I LOVE YOU TOO MY COUSIN WILL YOUR THE BEST

    ReplyDelete