Friday, June 10, 2011

Today we celebrate - Gray is ONE



Today we celebrate - Graydon Wyatt Daniels is one! It's hard to believe that it's been a year since we welcomed Graydon (a.k.a. Gray, Baby G) into our family. In some ways it seems like the time has flown by so quickly and other times, I feel that he's been a part of our family forever.
Gray was such a sweet surprise when I found out we were expecting him. Our Little H (only 14 months then, a very much a "little H") was just beginning to toddle around become a little boy of his own. Now to add a new baby, I was shocked, scared, surprised, and excited about welcoming a new baby into our home. Will and I knew we wanted more children after just the 2 boys - Gray was just a little sooner than planned.
Now, I couldn't imagine it any different. People see our family in stores, "Wow! you've got your hands full!" "All those boys!" Yes - and I wouldn't have it any other way.

A year ago today........
I remember Gray's birth as quick and painful. I was to be induced at 5:00 am on Gray's due date. I had already been 3 cm dilated for a month and 90% effaced (typical of me) with no contractions and Dr. Davis thought "let's go ahead and get this thing started." Aunt Shannie was 20 weeks pregnant and in town for the birth of Graydon (waiting very impatiently), so we went in for an induction. 4 hours later - after intense contractions and a much-too-late epidural, Graydon was born.





He was 7 lbs. 13 oz (our biggest boy yet) and 21 inches long.
He had tons of dark brown hair - that would be "trimmed" at just 6 weeks of age.






He was everything I could have dreamed - a perfect little addition our family.









Since that day, he continues to amaze me and melt my heart. He has allowed his big brothers to officially be called "big brothers." They play with him, watch over him, and include him as "one of the boys." "Mom, Gray's got the toilet paper!" "Mom, Gray needs more milk." "Mom, Gray's climbing the stairs!" - He officially has 2 extra little Mommies!

He has been our most laid-back, easy-going baby. He's our best sleeper. He typically goes with the flow. He loves spending time with his family in his home. He's our "chunky monkey", with chubby rolls from his wrists to his feet. Still without teeth, he will be the one who gnaws on furniture and big brother's toys. He is becoming our "toddler Gray" right before my very eyes. Tomorrow we will celebrate his special day!

He's our sweet Gray - Happy Birthday Graydon!

No comments:

Post a Comment