Monday, June 20, 2011

Crafting for Dad

Usually for Father's Day the boys and I purchase a few nice things for Daddy - new shirts/shorts, a new pair of tennis shoes, a night out with the family - this year was different.
I Googled "Father's Day crafts" and found one really cute craft and the other idea was actually my own (imagine that).
Last week, we got started......
Our first homemade Father's Day project - a book from Big C.
I love my Dad, because........... - complete with the Top 10 reasons why Clayton loves his Daddy most.
He did an awesome job! Writing and illustrating all 10 pages by himself.



It was absolutely precious to watch Clayton, as he read each page aloud to Will.





Some of my favorite pages from this sweet book.......


(I love my Dad, because he takes me under the house with him.)


(I love my Dad, because he watches Ninja Turtles with me.)


(I love my Dad, because he takes me to the "movees" (movies)).

Our second project - something for Big C and Little H to both work on.
A "Daddy Rocks" display for our front landscape.
On Thursday morning, I gave Clayton and Hudson a basket and they went outside to gather these small rocks from our yard.
Once we chose the ones we wanted, we began putting them into place.



With glue gun in hand, we assembled this creation in just a short time. It was ready!



I was so excited (maybe even more than the boys) to present these to Will.
He absolutely loved them!!! It was so worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment