Saturday, June 4, 2011

First Day of Summer

As many of you know, school is officially out and summer has begun for Big C and me. In 8 years, I cannot remember ever going to school in June and I would be content if this was the last time!
We celebrated today with sleeping in (all boys slept until 8:30), baseball, pressure-washing the house, swimming in our blow-up pool, and a family cookout (complete with Grandma, Shannie & Ad - Poppy was at work again!)

Our morning began with one HOT baseball game! We spent most of our time hanging out in the shade of the dugout, so I was finally able to get some pretty great snapshots of Big C in action!

Before the game - hanging out on the sides......







*Gray thinks baseballs make great chew toys!

Big C in action! while the rest of us were melting!











After family nap - we were all ready for a nice, cool break.........
so were Aunt Shannie, Grandma, and Adalyn











Gray is officially my 3rd little fish! He loved Adalyn's new float and splashing in the water with Daddy. On the other hand, Clayton has decided that he wants to really swim. He actually puts his whole face under the water and swims from one side of our small pool to the other - it's definitely a start!







In Clayton's words : "Mom, this is the best day ever!"
I totally agree! If this is a glimpse into our summer - I am so ready for it to get started!



(My sun-kissed Gray)

No comments:

Post a Comment