Monday, August 8, 2011

Tomorrow's the big day!

Tomorrow my Big C starts 1st grade! I can't believe it - a new school, riding the "cheese wagon" (as Will calls it), a new beginning!
Sunday afternoon we got to visit Clayton's new school and meet his new teacher! I have to say - he was pretty excited! Clayton seems pretty at ease with the whole thing (though he doesn't know a single child in his class). I honestly think he's more excited about the bus ride home in the afternoon than actually going to school. We were able to meet his bus driver and give all possible phone numbers (you can't lose my C!)



Tonight, I was able to take Clayton shopping for his new school supplies! This was his 1st school shopping trip! We headed to the local Big Lots and Clayton picked out pencils, a pencil pouch, scissors, glue, crayons, and a notebook as well as Ziploc bags, hand sanitizer, & Kleenex! He was super excited!





Will has always taken Clayton to school on the 1st day (since I'm in my own classroom). He knows to take tons of pictures and he emails them to me once he gets back to work. I will be waiting anxiously in the morning for those first snapshots of my big boy!

Best of Luck to My Big C on your first day of 1st grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment