Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Fresh New Look

This year I will be beginning my 9th year of teaching Kindergarten. For 8 years, I have rearranged my classroom (too many times to count), but this summer I took on a whole new challenge - painting my classroom!
I decided on two colors - a turquoise blue and a lime-colored green (two walls of each).
Now came the work! Removing all letters, alphabet strips, color charts, number charts, word wall charts, etc. off the walls!!!! Some of these haven't been even moved in 8 years! - can you imagine the filth and dust! YUCK!!!!!



Then came the scrubbing, sanding, and cleaning of the walls!
Then taping the walls, boards, baseboards to paint!



Then a date night to actually get the painting done! - Thanks to Ashley and Mahlon!- without little kiddos it took @ 5 hours.







Then came to job of placing & rearranging all letters, alphabet strips, number charts, word wall charts, etc. back onto my newly painted walls.






It was a lot of hard work- for our whole family! - but I have to say - I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment