Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our Sweet 2nd! - The Birth of Hudson



After having Clayton, Will and I knew we wanted more children. - how many children we didn't know, but for sure two. We actually tried to conceive our second baby - who is now Hudson.
Before becoming pregnant with Hudson, I had miscarried a prior pregnancy at 6 weeks - so the news that we were pregnant again was astounding! We were so excited and our family knew it (they say they could tell) right away!
We decided that we wouldn't find out the sex of the baby! - just for another element of surprise! We picked out an orange-print neutral bedding, painted the nursery in red/brown stripes and awaited the arrival of our 2nd sweet surprise! We had no idea what the Lord would bless us with that day!



Today, 3 years ago on a HOT, July day Hudson entered the world - making Will and I the parents of 2 rowdy boys and Clayton a "Bubby." In the night, my water broke and I went about my usual preparations before the trip to the hospital. I always take a shower, wash/dry my hair, apply make-up and get dressed - yes, I'm vain! But I want to look good (as good as I can) for the birthing pictures. This trip we picked up Aunt Shannie, because she was going to capture this birth on video!

We were set and ready to go! We dropped off Clayton with my parents and headed to the hospital. I remember Hudson's delivery being very slow - not much pain (thanks to the epidural), but hours waiting his delivery. My sister says that "Hudson just slipped out". Not much pushing, due to his little 6 lbs. 8 3/4 oz weight (the smallest of the boys). He was 19 1/2 inches long with small amounts of light brown hair. He was perfect! Clayton held him with such pride and we were new parents again!







The next weeks and months were a blur. I do know that we ventured out with Hudson at just 6 days old - we had to purchase soccer gear for big brother. He quickly adapted and was tagged along/nursed at ball games & outings. Soon he was Clayton's biggest follower and cheerleader! There are "Bubbies" and inseparable!







Today, Hudson is our "ham"! His smile and dark brown eyes will melt your heart! He is our joyous and rambunctious boy. Follower of his brother. Friend. Daddy's Buddy. Now Big brother to Graydon. Our little brown biscuit.



We love you Hudson!

No comments:

Post a Comment