Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday's Fab 5: Keeping My Munchkins Busy

It seems like forever since I've had a Friday Fab 5 list. It's sad to say that my summer is slowly coming to an end. I love summer days with my boys! And I will enjoy these last 3 weeks! For the first few weeks of summer, we manage to spend many days hanging out in our pjs and relaxing together, but that doesn't last long - we need a plan!
Here are 5 activities we do to stay busy even in the summer.

1) Swim......swim.........swim. 3 summers ago, we purchased a blow-up pool for our family and it's been a great investment. Right now Cousin Cameron, C and H are enjoying this hot day, splashing together. Mommy tends to relax in the sun, occasionally dipping my feet into the pool (= We love it!





2) Legos - these fun blocks have become a favorite for C and H. We have hundreds of Legos in our home and I find them everywhere - on the bathroom counter, in Clayton's bed, in the couch cushions - you name it! But they love them - and it's great for creativity!

3) Puppet shows - a couple of Christmases' ago Santa brought Clayton a puppet theater, complete with puppets and dress-up costumes. Clayton has put on many puppet shows over the years and now Hudson is beginning to create some of his own little shows. What a great source of entertainment - and it is so cute!



4) The Occasional Cartoons - O.k. yes - there are some cartoons that I just love! Franklin the Turtle, Scooby-Doo, Clifford - just to name a few. When it's time to quiet down and get ready for nap - we turn on the T.V. "Hudson, after this show, it's time for your nap." - works every time - well almost!

5) Running errands - So, in the last few weeks I have gotten very brave! I have managed to take all 3 boys out on several outings with me. Usually Will and I split up the boys and tackle stops, but with Will at work and me at home - what' my excuse??? We have managed to take Clayton to the doctor, shop for shrubs/landscaping at Lowe's, and several outings to Target & Kroger! I may even attempt a local pool next week! Oh my!

What do you do to keep you munchkins busy on these summer days?
Headed to my kiddy pool for now...........

No comments:

Post a Comment