Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What Valentine's Day has become...........

Valentine's Day has definitely changed quite a bit over the last 10 years in the Daniels' home. When Will and I first got together, Valentine's Day was about the perfect card, beautiful flowers, and a fancy meal together.

Now..........things are definitely different.

With three small boys, there is no way I'm fighting massive crowds of people people on Valentine's Day nor am I getting a baby sitter so Will and I can fight those massive crowds. Instead we choose to celebrate Valentine's Day as a family - we have a Family Valentine's Night. This still involves delicious food and gifts for all!

This Valentine's Day was even different that in years past. We invited Grandma and Poppy over for Valentine's - complete with our "fancy" meal of ribs & the sides. Grandma and Poppy surprised the boys with a ice cream Valentine's cake from Baskin Robbins! After food, it was time for presents - for the boys! (My present is being made/shipped and Will's present has not been purchased yet)



A dump truck (complete with music and sounds) for Gray.





A learning globe for Hudson.



And a Mario Cart Lego set for Clayton.

Can't wait for Mommy's gifts to arrive.



Will ordered three of these rings for me (one for each boy) from a lady on Etsy! - I'm so excited!

~ ~ ~

Oh and here are the treats I made for Clayton, Hudson, and myself - included 23 treat bags, 24 rockets, and 10 shovels. That's what happens when you're a Mommy and Kindergarten Teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment